In communities like Mt. Lebanon PA, Evans Roofing and Gutters Inc is the roofing company with decades of experience and a dedication to their local homeowners in the greater Pittsburgh PA area. Recently a local homeowner saw our crew working on the neighbor’s house across the street and were particularly happy with how clean they left the property. They were so impressed that they called us to get their own roof updated!
Their existing roof had gotten older and was showing wear. Although most roofing materials are durable, roofs often suffer similar problems as they age. Older roofing materials like asphalt shingles break down over time, getting lifted by wind, damaged by hail, and losing granules over time. If there is one leak, there will soon be others, and decking or supports will get damaged by water. Roof repairs from a reputable local roofing company will help, but eventually a roof replacement will become necessary.
Our experienced roofing contractors got to work on this Mt Lebanon PA roof, first removing the old roof, then we installed a new roof with GAF certified asphalt shingles. After the roof replacement, we made sure to clean the property thoroughly, just like we had with their neighbor.
The roofing customer was so happy, they said that they “had an outstanding experience with Evans Roofing.” They thought our roof expert was “knowledgeable, responsive, polite, professional, and witty,” and our work was done “when promised, quickly, and carefully.”
If you want to upgrade your Mt. Lebanon PA area home with a new roof, contact us right away.
Homeowners with leaky roofs have some serious decisions to make, like whether to patch shingles with roofing repair services or get a roof replacement with a new roof. The best way to make that decision is with the help of the most reputable roofing company in their local area. In Pittsburgh area communities like Wexford PA, Evans Roofing and Gutters is the trusted roofing company for residential homeowners.
We recently brought our superior workmanship to a roof replacement of an old roof in Wexford PA. The homeowner had seen one of the Evans Roofing & Gutters signs in a neighbor’s yard and loved how neat and clean their house looked, almost like a brand new house! Their roof had been suffering from leaks for years, and they just knew it was time to get it replaced.
Our professional roofing contractors got out to the residential property quickly to inspect the roof. They found damage to some of the roof decking due to the years of leakage, and there was just too much to repair. The homeowner was worried it would be too expensive, but we were able to negotiate with their insurance company to get them a good rate!
Once the contract was signed, we got to work quickly and installed a brand new roof with GAF certified asphalt shingles. The homeowner also realized that gutters would help protect their new roof investment, so we installed seamless gutters around the whole house.
The homeowners loved their new roof, but they really loved how friendly and cleanly our contractors were. A hurricane rolled through soon after the new roof, and they reported they were “bone dry!”
For your new asphalt shingle roof, contact Evans Roofing & Gutters right away!
Asphalt shingle roofs may look simple and straightforward from the outside. When you peel back the layers, though, you’ll see a complex system made up of many components working together to protect your home from the elements.
Evans Roofing and Gutters, one of the leading sloped and flat roofing contractors in the region, gives a look at the six key components of an asphalt shingle roof.
- Asphalt shingles – While it’s not the only component of an asphalt shingle roof, the shingles still play a crucial role, as they make up the main water-shedding surface that protects your home from leaks. They also contribute greatly to your home’s aesthetics, setting it apart from everyone else’s.
- Underlayment – It’s located beneath the shingles, providing an additional layer of protection between your roof deck and the shingles. Roof repair contractors consider it a secondary barrier that protects your roof from moisture and wood rot.
- Ice and water barriers – These barriers protect the more vulnerable parts of your roofing system from water penetration. These include your chimney and roof valleys, as well as other roof protrusions, such as skylights.
- Starter strips – Their main role is to prevent shingles from being blown off by strong winds. They are crucial for proper roofing installation, as they provide the first row of sealant that helps shingles adhere better to the roof’s surface.
- Hip and ridge products – These components help improve your home’s character by highlighting the design of your roof while increasing its functionality.
- Ventilation – This system allows heat and moisture to escape from your attic. Too much attic heat or moisture could lead to premature roof deterioration and cause your shingles to curl. They also help improve your home’s energy efficiency by regulating attic temperatures.
Need a professional contractor to install your new roof? Evans Roofing and Gutters can get rid of your old, faulty roof and replace it with a brand new system. Aside from quality roof replacement, we also offer other roofing services such as roof inspection and repair. Give us a call at (404) 965-8665 or fill out our contact form to schedule a free consultation today.
For homeowners looking to upgrade their old, leaky roofs in Canonsburg PA, Evans Roofing and Gutters is the trusted local roofing company with the most experience with roof replacements and roof material sourcing. We always use the most advanced roofing materials from dimensional shingles to flat roof coatings for each and every roofing job, making sure that our customers can enjoy their new roofs for decades with no worries.
Our client in Canonsburg PA had an old pitched roof on their home that was in pretty bad shape. The flashing by the chimney and around vents had failed, and there were leaks in more than one spot across the roof. Unfortunately, there wasn’t anything we could do as far as roof repairs go; instead, they needed a full roof replacement.
After discussing the homeowner’s needs and preferences as well as the requirements of their roof design, we settled on GAF dimensional shingles with a lifetime warranty in a beautiful slate gray color. These shingles are layered to make them thicker than traditional 3-tab architectural shingles, providing more protection but also a luxury look to the new roof.
The Canonsburg PA client was very happy with the new roof and how it looked, matching the exterior look of his home perfectly. They were especially happy with how closely our roofing experts consulted with him, explaining the advantages of GAF dimensions shingles and being up front about every part of the roofing work.
For a beautiful new roof, contact Evans Roofing and Gutters, Canonsburg PA’s trusted roofers.